[BlueOnyx:12387] Re: Solarspeed / Compass / BlueOnyx stores

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Mar 5 09:56:20 -05 2013

On 3/5/2013 8:43 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
>> While you're considering those options, an ARM port would be nice *just
>> dreaming*
>
> If you heard a distant and loud screaming in despair, then that was
> probably me. :p
>
> No, I really don't want to go there. Yes, I agree: The ARM architecture
> is nice and for some purposes it just rocks.
>
> But all things considered, a port of BlueOnyx for ARM is pretty much out
> of the question. It would cost a lot of time and money to create and to
> maintain it. And even if we eventually had an installation media or
> procedure for it, the number of users who would actually use it would be
> minimal.

OK, if no ARM... can you please make a MIPS port so that I can run the
latest BlueOnyx on my 15 year-old Cobalt RaQ2?  The RM5231 was capable
of 64-bit, and I'm pretty sure I have some 72-pin RAM hanging around and
may be able to bump the thing up to 512MB.

<me ducking>

I hope you caught my sarcasm.

--
Chris Gebhardt