[BlueOnyx:12389] Re: Solarspeed / Compass / BlueOnyx stores

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Tue Mar 5 10:24:55 -05 2013

On 5 Mar 2013, at 14:56, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> OK, if no ARM... can you please make a MIPS port so that I can run the
> latest BlueOnyx on my 15 year-old Cobalt RaQ2?  The RM5231 was capable
> of 64-bit, and I'm pretty sure I have some 72-pin RAM hanging around and
> may be able to bump the thing up to 512MB.
>
> <me ducking>
>
> I hope you caught my sarcasm.

In all seriousness.. The old Cobalt boot-loaders are not capable of loading a 2.6 kernel - it does some horrible two-stage kernel thing (horrible as in clever, but horrible) and it doesn't allocate enough RAM for storing the second kernel if it's 2.6, or something like that.. I did a lot of experimentation with this on a Qube, and I've had quite enough of staring at serial consoles for one lifetime!