[BlueOnyx:12401] Re: BlueOnyx on alternative platforms

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Tue Mar 5 12:30:45 -05 2013

Hi Chris!

DEC and Compaq merged in 1998,
if (the cabinet says Compaq) {
	it's newer other
} else {
	it's older
}

I remember all the talk about SMP and Alpha in Linux during 1995-96...
Linus himself was had an Alpha at home which Maddog fixed for him.
Maddog was working at DEC at the time.

Just 2 bits of history:
During the mid 90's I was working as a consultant for Telia (Swedish
Telecom) and we had 2 or 3 Sparcstations lying around, collecting dust
as I built quite a few PC-workstations/PC-servers at the time for
running Linux. I found a lot of info about the Sparc port of Linux and
that was at the time maintained by a certain David S Miller...

Anybody know who he is?

David S Miller of Cobalt Micro Inc, our old MIPS maintainer for Q2700,
Qube2 and the original MIPS RaQs.

Best regards,

Rickard