[BlueOnyx:12410] Re: Mail filtering alternative to Postini

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Tue Mar 5 13:51:57 -05 2013

Hi,

I've seen a few solutions counting the last years and I can honestly
say that there is only one solution I really like.

It's an appliance from http://www.halon.se/products/mailsecurity,
a Swedish company located in Gothenburg (Göteborg). If you call them for
support you actually usually talk to the developers as they're only
about 10 people workning there. BUT, that's the fine point here, their
product is based on open-source (openbsd), they use comtouch for
IP-reputation, like most products but the appliance and GUI is easy to
use and very appealing, well Appleing some might joke...

Anyway, the product really does what it should, you can get it as a
service, there's a few appliances to choose from depending on need as
well as Virtual images. These images can easily be converted from VMware
to KVM if you want to. Anyway the solution is really smart and elegant
and works like a charm.

If you have any questions just throw me an e-mail.

Best regards,

Rickard