[BlueOnyx:12412] Re: Mail filtering alternative to Postini

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Tue Mar 5 14:00:08 -05 2013

Hi David,

> Do any of you have any suggestions of mail filtering services to look at,
> or other alternatives I might not have considered?

We've used a hosted spam firewall from spamwall.com for years and have
been happy with it. We process over a million emails through it per
month and it consistently filters 96-98% of all of them as junk. Our
BlueOnyx (actually BlueQuartz back then) box with Michael's AV-SPAM
package did a fine job of filtering, but was choking on that volume of
mail before we moved to this solution. $39/month for up to 100,000
messages per day is easy to swallow.

--
Jim Matysek