[BlueOnyx:12415] Re: 5106R performance issues

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Mar 5 14:30:43 -05 2013

> I also have had 2 or 3 cases now of the maillog sitting at 0 size and
> nothing logged there, even though mail is otherwise running fine.
> Nothing found in the messages log indicating a problem either.
> Restarting sendmail doesn't resolve this. Anyone have a suggestion for
> something else to try short of rebooting that VPS (which is what I've
> resorted to)?
>
> --
> Jim Matysek

Jim,

If that happens again, try "service rsyslog restart", and then "service sendmail restart".

The first restarts the logging services, which can sometimes hang in the process of starting a new set of logs.  But if that keeps happening - you've got a deeper problem that should be investigated/addressed.

Chuck