[BlueOnyx:12429] Upgrading Switch

Joseph Chambers joseph at michael-chambers.com
Tue Mar 5 20:25:38 -05 2013

Hello,

I'm looking at updating my switch which you can see here: http://cl.ly/image/2y3R2y0U2T0b - that is a 100 base non managed 16 port switch which was cheap non brand I bought in a hurry. However; I have a opportunity to buy a Cisco Catalyst WSC2948G fairly cheap. Do you guys suggest that switch? Would I get better performance? What switch would you suggest that I could get under 200? Are managed switches slower then non managed? I know this has nothing to do with BlueOynx but I don't know who else to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph