[BlueOnyx:12451] Re: More info:user unknown problems

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Wed Mar 6 13:53:03 -05 2013

After further testing, it gets stranger.

-The server hostname is blueonyx.domain.com.
-the vsite that contains the users is onyx.domain.com.

-the virtusertable refers to the site users properly: (e.g.
roy.urick at onyx.domain.com    rurick)
-I can send mail to any new user aliases I create from today forward,
but any users created weeks ago wont flow with the 511 error below.  I
dont see any difference in the virtusertable file between the new and
the old entries.
-If I create a new alias for an existing user (that is otherwise
failing), the brand new alias works, but the old does not. No prior
aliases and I can only send to username at blueonyx.domain.com.
-If I delete/save/recreate an alias, it starts working. no perceptible
changes appear in the virtusertable file.
-If I create an alias that is the same as the username it saves in the
GUI OK and appears if I close/reopen the user account. It doesnt get
added in the virtusertable and I cannot deliver mail to that ailas. (The
brand new accounts I created today DO show the alias that matches the
username properly. Only the prior accounts behave this way)
-I can send to admin at blueonyx.domain.com but not admin at onyx.domain.com
or admin at domain.com. things like yum update reports bounce when trying
to send to "admin" (its using admin at onyx.domain.com).

Hopefully the above details will help shed some light on the issue.