[BlueOnyx:12444] user unknown problems

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Wed Mar 6 08:52:55 -05 2013

I have a new setup that we cant get email to work.

most every address you try to send to you get a   "5.1.1 <user at domain>... User unknown. Please check the message recipient user at domain and try again."

I cant send to the alias, nor can I send to the fully qualified address. (username at servername.domain.com). Even the system aliases like admin are failing out.
It is still able to forward out the postmaster/NDR errors to my outside email address via the admin forwarding.

I have tried the old standby:

/service sendmail stop
//newaliases
service sendmail start
/

as well as:

cd /etc/mail
make
make clean && make
makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable
newaliases
makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable
newaliases

Here is the crazy part. I just created a new user, and that new user works fine.

any other ideas?

//