[BlueOnyx:12606] Maximum number of RCPTs for Vhost

Marcello Torchio lellozone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 01:08:36 -05 2013

Good morning sirs (+1 GMT),

i've a few question about sendmail settings.

Recently i have been subject of a spam attack. A mailbox password was
stolen and a bot sends spam through my BO 5108R server.

Honestly I have not noticed the issue until the server has not been put in
some blacklists.

First question, is it possible to have a monitor tool to understand if
there is a spamming activity on the mail server?

For example a threshold number of RCPTs in outgoing messages that can alert
the administrator when exceeded, or the content of messages or i don't
know...
One of the wrong setting was that the outgoing mail were not analyzed by
AvSPAM, but only the incoming mail.

I've reduced the maximum number oc RCPTs to 5. But one of our customer need
to write up to 40 RCPTs.

Second question: Is it possible to setup Vhost dedicated maximum number of
RCPTS?

Have someone of you tips&tricks to monitor and prevent this spam mailing
and blacklisting?

Thanks

Marcello Torchio