[BlueOnyx:12609] CMU not writing cmu.xml

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Mar 24 17:35:35 -05 2013

Hi guys,
I'm working on a very ill server right now.  It celebrated 801 days of
uptime this morning by finding a bad block on the drive and sending /
into read-only.

This is a very old server.  Dell Poweredge 1650, BlueQuartz (CentOS 4),
80GB IDE drive.   I can't fault it since it owes me nothing at this
point.  It's had a good life.

I'm running into some problems now getting things moved to a new box.
The cmuExports written by raqbackup.sh are incomplete, and do not
include all of the xml files.

I just performed a manual cmuExport of a single site, and it did not
write a cmu.xml at all, so cmuImport fails like this:
Reading config file: /etc/cmu/cmuConfig.xml
Cannot find cmu.xml in /home/restore/

I did notice that the CMU version was very ancient:
5100R-cmu-2.63-0BQ15.centos4

Now it has been upgraded to

Any guesses on if this fixes things?   I've started a new cmuExport and
it starts out writing 1.groups-www.site.tld-public.tar.gz.

My big concern right now is that the CMU process may not work at all.
I'd rather not be babysitting this thing all night and manually work all
these sites and users in.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services