[BlueOnyx:12646] Re: Urgent Hyper-V problem - please help :-)

blueonyx at larsi.de blueonyx at larsi.de
Fri Mar 29 12:06:28 -05 2013

Answering my own post. ;-)

It's an irqbalance problem as before, but I used an uncommon solution. ;-)
I changed the number of virtual processors from 2 to 1 and everything is fine.

In order to avoid further problems with this constellation, I will leave the number of cpus unchanged.

Nice easter-days to everyone!
Lars.

 Original Message processed by david®
Urgent Hyper-V problem - please help :-) (29-Mrz-2013 17:52)
From:   blueonyx at larsi.de

Hello,

I did a yum update on a customers server and after that there is no network connection.

I read all the issues with hyper-v and sometime ago Michael noticed a problem with irqbalancing on this server. But this time "service irqbalancing stop" did not change anything.

All solutions point me to boot an older kernel, but I can't do this. Everytime I boot the machine, it allways go to the last kernel and changing the grub.conf only results in a broken server, which won't boot anymore.

Does anyone has an idea for me? I can boot the server in kernel 2.6.32-279.5.1.el6.i686.

Thanks in advance.
Lars.