[BlueOnyx:12647] Re: Urgent Hyper-V problem - please help :-)

blueonyx at larsi.de blueonyx at larsi.de
Fri Mar 29 12:10:30 -05 2013

Thanks Jason. I found your post already, but I can't boot an old kernel.
That was my biggest problem. ;-)

Lars

 Original Message processed by david®
[BlueOnyx:12644] Re: Urgent Hyper-V problem - please help :-) (29-Mrz-2013 18:07)
From:   bluequartz at ozin.com

Kernel 5.9 and 6.4 (2.6.32-358) has proper built in support for Hyper-V

All you need to do is:

Boot into the old kernel
Remove the old Hyper-V components as follows:

Execute the following steps in the bash shell.
1. First, execute:
rpm –qa | grep microsoft
Example:
On a RHEL 5.8 system, you will see the following:
# rpm –qa | grep microsoft
kmod-microsoft-hyper-v-3.4-1.20120727
microsoft-hyper-v-3.4.20120727
2. Next, execute:
rpm –e microsoft-hyper-v-<version string from step 1> kmod-microsoft-hyper-v-<version string from step 1>

            Then reboot into the new kernel 2.6.32-358

You can then add a NON-LEGACY network card and have a much faster network stack. Give the new card the same Virtual MAC as the old card and there are no config changes needed either

Jason Ozin