[BlueOnyx:12651] Re: DNS Spamming

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 14:21:09 -05 2013

Hi Michael,

> Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'll look into it see what can be
> done. The other idea about separating cache and recursion and
> pre-populating "locahost" and "localnet" also makes sense. I haven't yet
> wrapped my mind fully around it and will need to check the Bind
> documentation again.

Also maybe grouping and renaming the controls/boxes so that it is more obvious?

I tried the suggested iptables addition to limit the number of queries but it didn't work! Syntax error.
Something else that may be worth putting into the default template or even into the GUI?

Hope you are keeping well.

Regards

Colin