[BlueOnyx:12942] adding a service account to a group

Drew Happli drew at happli.org
Wed May 1 12:53:32 -05 2013

So we have a developer that created an application that uses the
Webserver to write files to some specific folders. Their application
creates the folders with the permissions as 755. The folders are created
with the user nobody, and the group site1. I manually changed the
permissions on the folders as 775, and added the user apache to the
site1 group in /etc/groups.

Is there a way with BlueOnyx to leave
apache as a member of the site1 group? Or to make and keep the directory
owner as Apache when the application creates new folders?

Or is there
a better way to do this?

Thank you.

Drew.