[BlueOnyx:13027] Re: site admins cannot manipulate mailing lists

Ken Marcus kenlists at precisionweb.net
Thu May 16 11:49:05 -05 2013

On 5/16/2013 8:47 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> We are still having problems with Mailman mailing list integration.   We
> have customers who log in as Site Admins and are unable to create or
> remove mailing lists.
>
> We are able to do it for them when we log in as Server Admin, but we do
> have a couple of customers who have lost patience and are becoming
> increasingly agitated that they are unable to control this themselves.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions on where we might look to help resolve
> this problem?   I'm happy to get under the hood but a bit unclear as to
> where to start.
>
> Thanks!

When I create an admin user for a site, and then log in with that user,
I am able to create a mailing list.

cat /etc/*release*
LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-ia32:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-ia32:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-ia32:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-ia32:printing-4.0-noarch
cat: /etc/lsb-release.d: Is a directory
Scientific Linux release 6.4 (Carbon)
Scientific Linux release 6.4 (Carbon)
cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:6.4:ga