[BlueOnyx:13028] Deleting site lost some standard DNS entries

Jim Matysek matysekj at usms.org
Thu May 16 14:25:25 -05 2013

I finally got around to deleting an old test.site.com site from our main
server (that site had been moved to a separate server a while ago).
After doing this, we quickly found that the test.site.com DNS entry that
we had previously updated to point to the new server was gone. No
problem - I restored that entry. Now I see that ftp.site.com,
mail.site.com and smtp.site.com are also gone, as we had to change our
mail and ftp client settings to all point to admin.site.com.

I don't recall ever having added any DNS entries for these addresses - I
thought they came with the standard BX install (5106R). How can I
restore these entries?

--
Jim