[BlueOnyx:13087] Re: Active Monitor "Support/Maintenance" messages

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed May 22 19:16:32 -05 2013

On 23/05/2013, at 4:01 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet <cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> You're seeing 2 different issues.  See below please.
>
> On 5/22/2013 2:52 PM, David Hahn wrote:
>> On 5/21/2013 4:31 PM, Gerald Waugh wrote:
>>> I still have a couple servers fully yum and NewLinQ updated giving a
>>> RED light and sending email in Active Monitor
>>>
>>> Compass abse-am
>>>
>>> Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server
>>> appliance.
>>> For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the Server
>>> Desktop.
>>>
>>> Summary of changes:
>>>
>>> * amStatusFailure
>>>

>>> Looked to see if it could be moved to "Components Not Monitored" but
>>> don't find it in Components Monitored
>

> This seems to be part of the ongoing annoyance with Newlinq these days.
>  <sigh>  I also have a bunch of boxes with a red error indicator.

In all cases I have reviewed, Newlinq is operating now as designed. If you go to the expiry reports, are there any expired products? This is the key to the active monitor alerting. If anything is not green, active monitor will be at a minimum an amber colour. If any of the products have updates that were released after the expiry date, it will instead turn red. This feature/functionality was built after receiving multiple request from clients to know when their support has expired.

As for turning it off in active monitor, the above is the one and only report we have received indicating it cannot be turned off. Activation of monitoring for active monitor components is part of the base blueonyx code. Nothing specific to newlinq has been changed in this regard. I would suggest it would make sense for David to double check the active monitor settings to make sure it was not further down the list of components. (There is a scroll list for active monitor components). If there is an actual problem, we can look at it - but I am unable to replicate it at the moment.

Final words. Newlinq is now stable from what I can see. There will be other tweaks in the future to improve performance beyond the current setup, but the functionality is now stable.

Greg.

P.S. I am travelling this week, with limited internet access. I will be back home next week and be able to followup any outstanding issues on my return.