[BlueOnyx:13098] Re: dovecot not registering with failed logins?

Eric Peabody admin at bnserve.com
Fri May 24 09:21:58 -05 2013

Roy,

Your server's settings will determine if this attack will be blocked.
Check under Security/Login Manager and see the Host rules.  They may
need to be adjusted.

If that looks ok, try running pam_abl as root from the command line and
see if you get any errors.  If you do, you may need to delete the files
it uses.  If you delete the files, they will be recreated
automatically.  I mention this because I've seen these files become
corrupted and deleting them was the only fix I could find.

Eric