[BlueOnyx:13100] Re: dovecot not registering with failed logins?

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Fri May 24 09:45:41 -05 2013

Im beginning to think dovecot doesnt count...  I already have it set for
the host to block 20/1h (20 per hour?) and it doesnt even show the
attempts, let alone block them. If I SSH in and give it a known bad pass
it will register two attempts from my IP so it appears to be at least
partially working.

It looks like SSH counts, but dovecot doesnt? As you can see they are
arriving every 20 seconds but nothing shows in the GUI.

May 24 10:34:08 BlueOnyx dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (auth failed,
1 attempts): user=<sony at domain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=117.79.91.80,
lip=172.16.102.252
May 24 10:34:29 BlueOnyx dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (auth failed,
1 attempts): user=<sophie at domain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=117.79.91.80,
lip=172.16.102.252
May 24 10:34:34 BlueOnyx dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (auth failed,
1 attempts): user=<spike at domain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=117.79.91.80,
lip=172.16.102.252