[BlueOnyx:13154] Re: Problem: webalizer: not run

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 31 07:39:29 -05 2013

Hi Eiji,

> Is no way to reinstall webalizer?  or any other way?

I am not sure if a reinstall will fix it. Try some more diagnostics first:

1.) Check if the daily webalizer cronjob is present:

#> cat /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer

That should show this:

#! /bin/bash
# update access statistics for the web site

if [ -s /var/log/httpd/access_log ]; then
   exec /usr/bin/webalizer -Q
fi

2.) Check if the logfile /var/log/httpd/access_log is present and if
there is current data in it:

tail -200 /var/log/httpd/access_log

3.) Run Webalizer from the command line, but with the -v switch instead
of -Q:

#> /usr/bin/webalizer -v
Webalizer V2.21-02 (Linux 2.6.32-042stab075.2 x86_64) English
Using logfile /var/log/httpd/access_log (clf)
DNS Lookup (10): None to process
Using DNS cache file /var/lib/webalizer/dns_cache.db
Creating output in /var/www/usage
Hostname for reports is '5108r.smd.net'
Reading history file... webalizer.hist
Reading previous run data.. webalizer.current
Generating summary report
44 records (44 ignored) in 1 seconds, 44/sec

Let me know what you find and what your Webalizer reports when you run
it manually.