[BlueOnyx:13818] phantom IP address

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Wed Oct 9 15:37:17 -05 2013

I'm having a problem with getting rid of an old ip address.
I've been having weird problems with email being delayed too long. So today
I ran netstat -tnlp | grep 25 and got the following results
tcp        0      0 xx.xxx.xxx.52:53            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      1671/named
tcp        0      0 xx.xxx.xxx.51:53            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      1671/named
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25                  0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      16665/sendmail

Notice the 53? Well that was the old ip address of the box. I removed
everything I could find referenced to that ip and now only show the ip
addresses ending in 51 and 52. But somehow this still shows.
I miss emails coming in and people never receive mine. I get a timeout like
this one today, when I tried to post to the list:
<auth-ad9468d98aa0b9ac59d29c77cb9dd599 at auth.gmane.org>... Deferred:
Connection timed out with plane.gmane.org.
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Can someone point me in the direction to look for this and correct it?
Thanks
Tom