[BlueOnyx:14245] Re: Dfix

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 9 16:39:41 -05 2014

Hi Robert,

> Having an issue with Dfix constantly blocking legitimate customers. I
> would like to add exceptions for entire networks, mainly the Verizon
> network here locally that many users use for phones and office networks.

A better approach might be to check /var/log/sec to see which rules
causes the blocking. Then edit the corresponding config file in
/etc/sec/ and comment that one rule out. Save the changes and restart Dfix.

I usually comment out "dovecot-b3", "sendmail-b1" and "sendmail-b6".
These rules are good and serve their intended purpose well. But at least
on my own boxes they caused a few false positives due to oddities in the
way how and with what my clients use to connect to the email services.