[BlueOnyx:14244] Dfix

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Thu Jan 9 14:45:31 -05 2014

Having an issue with Dfix constantly blocking legitimate customers. I
would like to add exceptions for entire networks, mainly the Verizon
network here locally that many users use for phones and office networks.
I tried adding an exception to the iptables acctin and acctout list, but
they get wiped out after applying. I also tried adding partial networks
/etc/hosts.allow according to some instruction on the web I found (i.e.:
ALL:209.90. ), but that doesn't seem to work. Still see Dfix messages
that those addresses are being blocked, adding complete IP addresses
works fine in the same file. Is there way to manage the iptables
configuration or setup the allowance by subnet? I also tried
209.90.0.0/16 in hosts.allow, but still doesn't seem to be working
unless Dfix is reporting just based  on logs.

Thanks

--
Robert

--