[BlueOnyx:15604] Re: phpMyAdmin error

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Jul 2 06:28:01 -05 2014

Hi Michael
On 2 Jul 2014, at 12:58 pm, Michael Aronoff <maronoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hate to post this here but I was not able to submit a support ticket at the BlueOnyx Shop. (When I click on Open New Ticket it never loads.)

I think you caught the server during a brief window today when it was "lagged" and under load. Apologies for the inconvenience. Before reading my email just now - I was about to deal with that issue to prevent it in future.

> I upgraded the WHAM version of phpMyAdmin to the latest through NewLinq (version 4.2.4) and now I cannot use phpMyAdmin at all. When I try and login I get an error:
> phpMyAdmin - Error
> You should upgrade to MySQL 5.5.0 or later.
>
> It seems the latest version of phpMyAdmin requires a MySQL that is nonstandard for our boxes. I would like to rollback but NewLinq does not seem to allow me to get an older version.

There is an un-documented newlinq feature... where you CAN rollback to a previous version. Here's what you need to do.

1. Uninstall phpmyadmin.
2. Check for new packages
3. Start the install process again - but dont actually do the full install...
4. During step 3 - you will see the newlinq install URL. Copy that to a notepad window.
5. Press back - and go back to the install page, and select manual install
6. Paste in the URL from #4 ... You can manually change the version number to any previous version of that package.
7. Proceed to install as normal.

Hope that helps.

Greg.