[BlueOnyx:15672] Re: BlueOnyx 5207R/5208R Beta release available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 17 14:37:21 -05 2014

Hi Tom,

> However, There is a Data Table  warning coming up 2
> times when logging into the GUI.

Yeah, on first login it loads the Blueonyx News RSS feed from
www.blueonyx.it. I had a few small problems with that server today and
it's sorted by now. So the dataTable error should be gone by now.

> Where did you say to report bugs, if any?

In "Software Updates" there is a new menu, called "Support". It allows
to generate a diagnostic dump (SOS-Report) and you can send bugreports
and support-requests.

The support request allows you to (optionally) include login details. If
you tick the checkbox for allowing us to access the box, then it will
then generate a separate system-administrator account with a random
(strong) password, creates SSH-keys and SSH-certs for that and includes
it in the support request. This special support-account is set to expire
after a given amount of time (default: seven days), but you can choose a
different expiry. Past the expiry the account will auto-delete.

That info is submitted via HTTPS POST request to our API at
support.blueonyx.it, from where we then handle it. That definitely beats
sending that info in an email. And definitely more secure than sending
me the password via (no kidding, someone did that!) Facebook. :p

Including the SSH certificate in the support request also allows us to
login when you have password authentication turned off for SSH, which is
a lot more secure.