[BlueOnyx:15674] Re: BlueOnyx 5207R/5208R Beta release available - 3rd party sw

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 17 14:59:15 -05 2014

Hi Dirk,

> AV-SPAM and PHP is essential for us to use the new GUI for customer installations.
>
> @Michael: What do you think will this both packages be available for the new GUI?

Yeah, there are a few essential PKGs that ought to be done first of all:

- AV-SPAM
- APF Firewall with Dfix 2
- Backup
- PHP

These are the ones that I'll do first. As for an ETA on that? Hard to
say. I'm currently trying to create BlueOnyx 5209R (for CentOS7), so
that I can then do all PKGs in new versions for all platforms at the
same time to save effort.

I just started on 5209R yesterday and I'm not yet certain if I can do it
in three days or three weeks. There is some shit (excuse my French) that
at this time simply refuses to build. I don't know what they did with
GCC (and rpmbuild) on EL7, but they're *that* picky and oversensitive
that it's no longer fun. Bloody rpmbuild now even bitches (and fails to
build RPMs) if the bloody dates in the %changelog have the wrong weekday
specified. Which is utter stupidity. GCC currently buggers out on the
PHP module for the GUI, which is a bit of a dealbreaker. I'm still
trying to find a way around that obstacle.

But back to topic: It sure is essential to have the most common PKGs
ready for 5207R/5208R, so I'll make room for it one way or another.
Expect the most common PKGs to be available on NewLinQ within the next
2-3 weeks. PHP will be there first, then APF and then the AV-SPAM. The
rest will slowly dribble in over time.

When a PKG becomes available via NewLinQ for the new platforms, then
we'll announce it in the news in the shop.