[BlueOnyx:15863] Re: Trying to set an admin *alias*

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Wed Sep 3 03:56:33 -05 2014

> Actually I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior. While
> "admin" is a reserved username, the alias doesn't really need to be
> reserved.

If memory serves (which it usually doesn't) the "admin" was reserved in
previous versions of BX (BQ) but with 5108R you could set it as an alias
which was perfect.

> This is a bit of a controversity, as as with the "postmaster" alias. We
> do need "postmaster" to receive email as per RFC. So emails to
> "postmaster" of any Vsite go to the server admin account.

Looking at the way our current 5108R is set up we already have users
that have added "admin" as an alias so it must have been possible.  Not
only that but it seems that if admin has not been set as an alias then
the admin address is pointing to the admin user account.

This seems perfect to me!  abuse@, postmaster@ and admin@ can all go to
the admin user unless they are defined as an alias for that domain.  How
does that sound?

> I'll look into the admin alias issue again when I have a moment. There
> is also another bug related to email that I need to take care of in the
> base-email module.

Thank you Michael

Dan