[BlueOnyx:16016] Re: 5208R remove DNS records from broken VPS

Colin Jack colin at mainline.uk
Tue Sep 23 11:54:05 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

> > I have tried adding a new record to see if anything appears, but it does not.
> > I have tried a manual update from the primary and again it just says queued
> but goes nowhere.
>
> Do the secondaries show in the GUI? If so, go to that page and save the
> changes and then check if named.conf is updated.
>
> > My logic says clear it out and re-import?
>
> It's worth a try. You can use /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsDeleteAllRecords.pl
> to delete all records in one go.

Tried removing all records - empty GUI
Ran dns-import-slavezones.pl  again and all appeared in GUI
Restart named
Still nothing in /etc/named/

[root at ns4 named]# rndc reload cmt-london.co.uk
zone refresh queued

This should update from server1 and server3 but nothing in messages log on server1 or server3
DNS on server1 - allow zone transfer from ns4

I must be missing something!

Thanks

Colin