[BlueOnyx:16058] Re: FW: Re: Imported Renewed SSL

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 15:00:11 -05 2014

> Hi Richard,
>
> > Can anyone help with this at all? Can't work out what is wrong.
>
> Without more details I can't work that out either. The code that handles
the
> uploaded certs for 520XR is this:
>
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/ui/base-
> ssl.mod/ui/chorizo/web/controllers/uploadCert.php
> starting at line 142.
>
> The uploaded file must have the file extension txt, csr, cert or crt. If
the
> upload failed (see line 154), the error message
[[base-ssl.sslImportError4]] is
> raised in the GUI and in /var/log/messages.
>
> In English that would be: "Unable to read uploaded certificate. Please try
> again."
>
> If the file upload finished without errors, then a Perl script is run (see
line
> 162) that does the actual import. This does further verification as well,
such
> as if the uploaded file contains a valid certificate.
>
> If *that* runs into an error, the error message
[[base-ssl.sslImportError$ret]]
> is raised both in the GUI as well as in /var/log/messages. The actually
shown
> message depends on the return code of the script and has 13 different
error
> messages associated, ranging from ...
>
> "Unable to upload the new certificate."
> "The specified site does not exist."
> "The certificate is not a valid SSL certificate."
> ... to ...
> "Could not add the certificate authority to the certificate authority
file."

> If all went well, the temporary file from the upload is deleted (the Perl
script
> does that on successful imports, too) and you're redirected to
> /ssl/siteSSL?group=$group (line 171).
>
> So first things to check: Does the uploaded file have the supported
extension
> (txt, csr, cert or crt). If not, rename it.
>
> If it has, upload. If the error persists, check /tmp/ for the temporary
file
> associated with the upload. It will have a cryptic name, so go by file
date.
> Check if the contends of the file match the contends of what you have
> uploaded.
>
> --
> With best regards
>
> Michael Stauber

Hi Michael

The file has a crt extension. When I select it via "Choose File" and click
Save, nothing happens in /var/log/messages and it comes up with "Unable to
read uploaded certificate, Please try again" in the GUI.

All that is in /tmp is:

lost+found
mysql.sock
PKGS