[BlueOnyx:16059] Re: FW: Re: Imported Renewed SSL

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Sep 29 15:09:23 -05 2014

Hi Richard,

> The file has a crt extension. When I select it via "Choose File" and click
> Save, nothing happens in /var/log/messages and it comes up with "Unable to
> read uploaded certificate, Please try again" in the GUI.

A typical certificate file contains both the key and the cert. Maybe
yours doesn't?

A sample looks like this (with many lines cut in between):

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
MIIEXXXXxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[...]
OREct2msd5x0mQYi1H3LbJeqAMx14LlH52SM8JFfGWFeCbm89A8=

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIDXXXXxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[...]
8uqf1zwRcmJou+nsJ2yysTJJLcnmytwUuWDrxXMGhoGdiB0tmZYsOuwX
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

I'm guessing yours only contains the certificate and not the key? Please
check if that is the case.