[BlueOnyx:18719] User Experience Project - Bug Squashing Project

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sat Dec 5 16:12:48 -05 2015

Hi team.

Recently, Michael found a long standing bug which was affecting the “user experience” when you save something in a form that has a validation that was listed on a non-visible tab. This is one of those annoying bugs that affects the user experience, where someone using blueonyx would be stumped as to why they could not save their data. No error messages, no warning.

I had a different bug that will be fixed in the near future as well. There is a cron daily task that causes errors in analog which parses statistics. It turns out one of the original cobalt scripts that looks at traffic stats was generating negative numbers for statistics. The result was a daily cron message on some servers complaining about corrupt log messages, but no-one knew what to do to prevent this warning. The good news is that this has been found and fixed with a new log_traffic script that will get pushed out in the next week or so.

Michael and I talked about user experience challenges like these. For a while, we would like to focus on these issues. The goal is to make the experience better - particularly for a first time blueonyx user. However, please restrict your submissions to problems on 520xR servers, because thats where our focus will be.

With that in mind, we need your help. Register your user experience problems at http://support.compassnetworks.com.au/ <http://support.compassnetworks.com.au/> for tracking. We’ll move them into a special queue for this project, prioritize, track down, and find solutions where possible.

Thanks in advance for your help team.

Greg.