[BlueOnyx:18723] Re: SSL Certificates (via Let's Encrypt)

Neil Watson neil at waterend.net
Sun Dec 6 12:42:09 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

I had a play with LetsEncrypt beta and it can be persuaded (albeit lots
of caveats and warnings about python 2.6!) to work on older releases:

_./letsencrypt-auto --debug certonly --webroot -w
/home/sites/www.mydomain.net/web/ -d www.mydomain.net -d mydomain.net
-t_

produced some certificates in /etc/letsencrypts/.....

As you can guess, I'm not running 5209 so I wonder if you could share a
little bit of your implementation so I can get it working (probably in a
less elegant & automated way!) on 5107...

Dovecot was fairly easy to persuade to work with the .pem (PKCS#8)
key/certificate... (OK, a single set for all sites, but it works -
separate sets for each site is for another day as it looks like Dovecot
can be configured to do it!)

However, I can't (at the moment!) figure out how to make something that
Apache likes (in the /home/sites/..../certs directory) - so any clues as
to get openssl/whatever to do it welcome (pretty please!)

I haven't really tried sendmail yet - so any clues of what format of key
it likes also welcome....

I know I'm taking advantage - but hopefully its still fresh in your
memory (or the scars haven't faded yet!). Might be some use to others
too...

Neil.

> From: Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it>
> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 22:15:36 -0500
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:18720] Re: SSL Certificates (via Let's Encrypt) -
> available for 5209R
> Message: 2
>
> Hi all,
>
>> https://letsencrypt.org/ [1]
>
>> (Not quoting the rest of the comment....)

Links:
------
[1] https://letsencrypt.org/