[BlueOnyx:18760] Re: Webmin on 5209R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Dec 10 09:00:35 -05 2015

Hey Robert,

On 12/10/2015 7:42 AM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>> I haven't used Webmin in many years, so I don't know what it does
>> different on EL7. But doesn't Webmin bring it's own webserver that
>> serves it's pages? If so, then I don't really understand why it would
>> affect AdmServ and mess up it's stylesheets and "visual baggage". That's
>> weird.
>>

> Sorry, no, it does not affect Blueonyx at all, meant to say Webmin GUI.
> The styles and layout of the Webmin GUI are all in-operable.

Yeah, I'm similarly unacquainted with Webmin these days.   Can't figure
out what the purpose would be to have installed on a hosting machine
other than another possible vector for trouble.

But if you're having issues with Webmin's rendering, you may want to
take it up with that support group to see if there are any ideas.

Or post what you think is missing in BlueOnyx that you would even want
Webmin for.  Maybe there's functionality that could be considered for
future inclusion in the core, or as an add-on.   Just a thought.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services