[BlueOnyx:18773] Problem renaming a virtual site

Neil Watson neil at waterend.net
Fri Dec 11 14:00:23 -05 2015

Having upgraded to 5207R last night, I thought I would rename my "old"
virtual site to something more meaningful....

However, the rename fails with "Sorry the email alias,, is already in
use on this system. Please choose another."

I can see various version of this error that specifies, between the
commas, the offending mail user - but my instance doesn't....

 From syslog, I could see that
/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/email/validate_alias.pl seemed to be giving
the problem, so I turned on its debug. This yielded:

Dec 11 16:52:58 server pperld
/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/email/validate_alias.pl: : Start of Email
Alias validation.
Dec 11 16:52:58 server pperld
/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/email/validate_alias.pl: : oids:
Dec 11 16:52:58 server pperld
/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/email/validate_alias.pl: : poids: 59 47
Dec 11 16:52:58 server pperld
/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/email/validate_alias.pl: : fail: 1
Dec 11 16:52:58 server cced(smd)[20418]: handler
handlers/base/email/validate_alias.pl failed

Given this site began life on a BlueQuartz system, I assume there are
some mail id's that are no longer acceptable... Are these @<new site>
(currently @<old site>...) or as local users? Or indeed anywhere?
In the same file, it seems the list is: mailer-daemon, bin, daemon.
ingres, system, toor, uucp, dumper, decode, nobody, root - if I'm
reading it right...

(BTW, the httpd handling is working correctly on 5207 where is didn't on
5107 - thanks for the pointing out the obvious, Michael: I must admit I
was under the impression that the 32bit builds couldn't be upgraded!)

Regards
Neil.