[BlueOnyx:18790] Re: URGENT: PHP broken

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Dec 16 08:58:38 -05 2015

On 12/16/2015 5:19 AM, DD wrote:
> Also, last night I installed rar/unrar as per this page:
>
> http://idroot.net/tutorials/install-rarunrar-centos/
>
> In case that's messed anything up, I've removed the added rpmforge-release
> repo.

UH OH!   That's more than likely your problem.   If you take another
look at the WARNING file that's at the top of your yum.repos.d folder,
you'll see the following at the very beginning:
WARNING!
========

Do NOT use RPMForge!

How about you tell us 2 pieces of information:

#1:  What version of BlueOnyx are you running (apologies if this was in
the thread already - I didn't see it glancing through this morning).

#2:  Give us the output of this command:
rpm -qa | grep "php"

You're going to have some mopping up to do.  It's not enough to simply
remove the repo - by installing from it, you've more than likely trashed
the installation by loading their binaries.

RPMForge = EVIL DEATH HORRIBLENESS FOR BLUEONYX!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services