[BlueOnyx:18807] Re: BlueOnyx server down

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Dec 16 14:49:14 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

On 12/16/2015 1:27 PM, Tom wrote:
> I'm now also getting this error and have rebooted several times.:
> "The domain name server is not running and could not be restarted. Status
> Last Changed December 16 2015 02:15 PM" <-- I tried rebooting, did not
> help.

Uh oh!  Why did you reboot?  To fix the DNS server?

> I've checked the entire system and cannot find why the DNS server is not
> starting. Any help will be appreciated.

What have you checked?  Have you looked in the messages log for lines
that include "named" in them?    Do this:

grep "named" /var/log/messages

Then paste the last, oh, 20 or so lines to us and maybe we can help find
where it's gone awry.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services