[BlueOnyx:18840] AV-Spam: clamav-milter unresponsive

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Fri Dec 18 09:51:47 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

I have seen the following (mis-)behaviour with the latest AV-Spam
package a few times meanwhile:

Sometimes, I feel like its after adding i.e. address to whitelists,
clamav-milter stops responding and mails pile up in the queue. A bold
//etc/init.d/clamav-milter restart/ solves the problem quickly.
I have now simple cronjobs monitoring and restarting clamav-milter but I
wondered if this could be something that the AV-Spam package could do
i.e. within the BX services watchdog.

Currently, I am using this basic watchdog:

---
#!/bin/bash
/etc/init.d/clamav-milter status
if [[ $? !=  0 ]]; then
   echo clamav-milter hanging, restarting..
   /etc/init.d/clamav-milter restart
fi
/etc/init.d/clamd status
if [[ $? !=  0 ]]; then