[BlueOnyx:18879] Re: PHP Stopped Working

Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 18:07:08 -05 2015

Probably not coincidence yesterday I had to go through a server and
re-enable suPHP for each of the sites.  The initial symptom was the
previously mentioned PHP code being displayed in the browser.

The sites were owned by a reseller account and the permissions of the
reseller had all been removed.  No PHP, no CGI, no DBs, etc.  One of the
resellers had made a completely legitimate change to one of their vsites and
this triggered it. The most worrying aspect was the removal of the site
linked DBs which I can only guess were removed because the reseller no
longer had MySQL allowed (fortunately there was a backup).

Maybe this is more information that might point towards the large number of
updates that occurred two evenings ago.

Richard.