[BlueOnyx:18881] Re: PHP Stopped Working

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Thu Dec 24 03:12:25 -05 2015

Gregg,

we also had this issue this week (on monday) and it was not funny.
If you have a site admin (not admin itself) one of the last updates killed all rights of this additional site admins (you can see this in the server admin menue in the admin).
But not only the php right vanished. Also the information about the database is gone in the GUI (not yet the database itself).
But if you only activate php in the site then the database user and the database will be deleted.
Our workaround was (and we had to do this several times ...)
- add site admin rights to the admin again
- figure out in the web application which database the site is using.
- make a dump of the database (if you want to be sage of all databases).
- activate php
- enable mysql again an set the parameters the web application needs.
- import the database dump.
- finish...

If the site you are talking from have no database configured in the gui you can be lucky. Then only activating php is enough.

Best regards and a merry christmas
Dirk

blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106 - 61118 Bad Vilbel