[BlueOnyx:17940] Re: Yum Error

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Wed Jul 1 17:34:13 -05 2015

Michael Stauber <mstauber at ...> writes:

> Some OS templates or ISO shipped with both Sendmail and Postfix
> installed, but had only Sendmail enabled.
>
> However, the presence of Postfix can cause this kind of dependency
> problems for us.
>
> Simple fix:
>
> yum remove postfix

Out of curiosity, I checked mine. No problem with any of the recent yum
updates. Ran your suggested "yum remove postfix" and got the following
results:
Loaded plugins: security
Setting up Remove Process
No Match for argument: postfix
BlueOnyx-520XR                                           | 3.1 kB     00:00
Solarspeed.net                                           | 2.5 kB     00:00
sl                                                       | 3.6 kB     00:00
sl-security                                              | 2.9 kB     00:00
sl6x                                                     | 3.6 kB     00:00
sl6x-security                                            | 2.9 kB     00:00
Package(s) postfix available, but not installed.
No Packages marked for removal

I guess it was a random problem or an accidental install.