[BlueOnyx:17941] Re: Yum Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 1 19:14:52 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

> I guess it was a random problem or an accidental install.

It was fixed during CD-building a long time ago. The CD-building for
BlueOnyx is a pretty complicated matter. The CDs contain around
1200-1500 RPMs which are partially from "upstream" (i.e.: CentOS or SL)
and partially out of the BlueOnyx repository. Then there are of course
complex dependencies between those RPMs.

The installer itself (Anaconda) has some dependencies as well. For that
installer to work certain "minimum" RPMs must be installed. At one point
or other CentOS added "postfix" to a group of RPMs that we used to
install by default. So it got kinda "sneaked" aboard as "stowaway".

Since then we changed the installer a few times and managed to shed that
unwanted ballast. I think for a transitional period we also had a
BlueOnyx RPM with "Obsoletes: postfix" in it, which would have
uninstalled Postfix by itself.