[BlueOnyx:17958] CMU import problem

Lewis Gardner lewisg at iglou.com
Tue Jul 7 10:25:05 -05 2015

I'm trying to export from a BlueOnyx 5106R into a BlueOnyx 5208R using
the instructions at http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrations

When I get to the "Fix the MySQL privilege table" part I'm having a problem:

[root at cyan123 admin]# /usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables **password**
--password=**password** --verbose
This script updates all the mysql privilege tables to be usable by
the current version of MySQL

You can safely ignore all 'Duplicate column' and 'Unknown column' errors
because these just mean that your tables are already up to date.
This script is safe to run even if your tables are already up to date!

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
Got a failure from command:
cat /usr/share/mysql/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql | /usr/bin/mysql
--no-defaults --force --user=root --host=localhost --database=mysql
Please check the above output and try again.

If you get an 'Access denied' error, you should run this script again and
give the MySQL root user password as an argument with the --password= option

I'm using the **password** retrieved from the earlier section of the
instructions "Find out your MySQL "root" password in case you have
forgotten it by using CCEclient". Obviously I'm using the actual
password instead of **password**.

I believe both versions to be up to date.

Any ideas?

TIA!