[BlueOnyx:17962] Re: network error switched drives from one poweredge to another

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 8 00:06:31 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

> Thank you, that fixed it.

Very well.

> The GUI under System Settings / TCP/IP still shows Third and Fourth
> Interface for IP addresses.

I see. To fix this, please do this:

Confirm with "/sbin/ifconfig -a" which network interfaces you actually
have. I suppose that would be eth0 and eth1.

If the GUI shows unwanted eth2 and eth3 interfaces, you can do this:

Start cceclient:

/usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient

In it type this:

find Network enabled = "1" real = "1" device = "eth2"

That should return the object ID for eth2.

Example:

[root at xxx ~]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
100 CSCP/0.80
200 READY
find Network enabled = "1" real = "1" device = "eth2"
104 OBJECT 3
201 OK
get 3
102 DATA mac = "00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF"
102 DATA real = "1"
102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
102 DATA bootproto = "none"
102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.0"
102 DATA CLASS = "Network"
102 DATA netmask = "255.255.255.0"
102 DATA ipaddr = "10.1.128.1"
102 DATA refresh = ""
102 DATA device = "eth2"
102 DATA OID = "3"
102 DATA enabled = "1"
201 OK

As you can see, I used "get 3" to take a peek into that Object. To
disable and remove it, you would then run this. But be sure to use the
Object ID that your "find" command turned up. It might not be "3" which
I use in my example below:

set 3 enabled = "0"

That will disable the NIC of Object #3. Once it is disabled, you can
"destroy" it, which removes it from the GUI:

destroy 3

Repeat these steps for "eth3" as well (or for whichever NIC you want to
remove). But please be sure to NOT do that for one of the NICs you're
actually using. :p

That should get you sorted.