[BlueOnyx:17997] Re: BlueOnyx 5209 initial login

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 10 16:04:57 -05 2015

Hi Tom,

> I downloaded the ISO today about 4 hours ago from
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/ISO/BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.1-BETA-
> 20150701.iso. Then I downloaded and burned it again 1 hour ago. Same exact
> issue happens. Finishes install, reboots, log in ad root with blueonyx as
> password, setup network, go to GUI and it brings to the login screen and no
> login works.

Dang.

Got a couple of questions then, so that we can maybe find a permanent
fix for that problem:

- Which install option did you use in the menu?

- Real server or virtual? If virtual, which virtualization is used?

- How big is the disk? The safe minimum ought to be around 30GB for all
  options. They each now tell how much they need at a minimum.

I'm *really* optimistic that the 2nd boot option "Single Disk, no LVM"
should work 100% of the time. Provided your disk is not much smaller
than 30 GB.