[BlueOnyx:18005] Re: CMU import problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 13 23:20:10 -05 2015

Hi Lewis,

> rpm -qa|grep MySQL
> 5106R = perl-DBD-MySQL-3.007-2e15
> 5108R = perl-DBD-MySQL-4.013-3.el6.x86_64

You should grep for it in lower-case:

rpm -qa|grep mysql|grep -v ^base-

On 5209R you'd check for it this way:
rpm -qa|grep mariadb

> Everything seems to work. The GUI reports
> "MySQL Status: MySQL connection possible with this settings."
>
> Should "mv /home/export/extra/var/lib/mysql /var/lib/" have done the job?

Probably, yes. You'll need to stop MySQL first. Then rename the existing
/var/lib/mysql. I usually move it to /var/lib/mysql.bak. Then move the
mysql directory in from the extracted tarball.

With 5209R there is a bit of a catch. You can copy the mysql directory
in as well. But in reality the safest thing to do is to create a
MySQL-dump on the old box and import that on 5209R. Unless you migrate
5209R -> 5209R. Then you could just copy the directory in as well.