[BlueOnyx:18037] Re: Error, The following mail server aliases are in , use and cannot be set:

Lewis Gardner lewisg at iglou.com
Thu Jul 16 21:29:52 -05 2015

Tom wrote:
> Hi Lewis,
>> And again a web browser when pointed to www.D.org displays the file for
>> www.A.com.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> Are you moving specific domain name Virtual websites to different IP
> addresses and also changing DNS IP addresses as well?

> I know when I move virtual sites
> to different IP addresses, depending on what DNS is used, it could take a
> couple of days to propagate and resolve correctly.

Yes, that could be it. I have changed the IP with the registrar but for
testing I make a change the the hosts file on machine I'm using. I'm
thinking if the test machine pings the correct IP address it should
work, but I could be wrong...

In any case the error in BO causes me to wonder if something internal to
BO isn't working correctly. After all since the site was on a different
IP I would think the page wouldn't be rendered instead of the incorrect
site on the new IP address.

Thanks!