[BlueOnyx:18052] Re: SSL Certificates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 20 21:24:42 -05 2015

Hi Gregg,

> I was wondering if BlueOnyx is going to be compatible with Let's Encrypt.
> It could be an interesting way of setting up SSL for some BO clients?
> Just a thought.
> https://letsencrypt.org/

Hell, yeah! I'm pretty excited about it and mentioned it back in early
June on the developer list.

We'll have to wait until their launch date in September to see how we
implement it into BlueOnyx. But it sounds like it'll be pretty
straightforward and it should be easy to implement.

Short answer: We will support it in BlueOnyx and it'll complement the
current mechanisms for SSL cert generation and management.

It'll be interesting to see how good the browser acceptance for this CA
will be. It's a good sign that Mozilla is already aboard, though.