[BlueOnyx:18092] Roundcube issue - connection to storage server failed

Darren Shea dshea at ecpi.com
Fri Jul 24 12:04:54 -05 2015

Running 5208, Roundcube 1.0.2

One (in other words, my account has no problem) of my customers is unable to
log into their Roundcube - the error message which appears is "connection to
storage server failed", which seems to be (as per Google) a problem with
dovecot index files. I stopped dovecot, removed all her dovecot files (I
thought), and restarted it. Still can't get in. IMAP client on an iPhone
works just fine, but no luck with Roundcube.

Here's the (redacted) directory where I was working:
/home/.sites/xx/siteyy/.users/zz/thislady/mail/.imap

>From here, I did a rm -f */dovecot* - that did work to remove all those
dovecot index files, and they have been regenerated after dovecot was
restarted, but still the same error in Roundcube. And yes, I did a full yum
update after I spotted the problem, but it has had no impact on this issue.