[BlueOnyx:17884] Re: Fresh install 5208R, no RAID1

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jun 21 22:29:37 -05 2015

Hi Jeff,

> Maybe I should try disconnecting that, but I thought USB was in a different letter scheme.

Yes, please. :-)

For fdisk or the partitioning tools (or Linux in general) it doesn't
matter. If it's a writeable medium then it'll be treated as a disk.
Regardless if it's a memory card, USB stick, disk or whatever else. Even
the drive letters that get assigned? They're following the same naming
scheme.

So you really need to disconnect anything writeable for the BlueOnyx
install, or it *will* attempt to use it in one form or another as target
for the install.